The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- NEW Series! Group Facilitation Skills TrainingsMarch 4, 2021Register for upcoming trainings sponsored by the Office of Behavioral Health Wellness and conducted by ToP Facilitation Trainers. The methods and processes will be immediately applicable to interpersonal, small group and large group conversations, and will help participants facilitate productive […]
- You(th) Matter: The Time for TeensIn CSB PostMarch 4, 2021
- The Intersection Between Substance Misuse Prevention and Recovery ApproachesMarch 4, 2021The Intersection Between Substance Misuse Prevention and Recovery Approaches Developed by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (SAMHSA’s CAPT), Virginia was chosen to pilot the Intersection between Substance […]
- International Centre For Youth Gambling Problems and High Risk BehaviorsIn GeneralMarch 3, 2021http://youthgambling.mcgill.ca/Gambling2/index.php […]
- SOR Quarterly Progress Report – Q1In CSB PostMarch 2, 2021OMNI is excited to share our first SOR Quarterly Progress Report for the first quarter of this fiscal year (October – December 2020). These new reports will be released on a quarterly basis and will outline activities from the prior quarter of the SOR grant specific to prevention, treatment, […]