The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- SAFE Bon Secours Stimulants and Methamphetamines Educational Webinar, May 13, 2021April 15, 2021SAFE is hosting a Stimulants and Methamphetamines Educational Webinar sponsored by a grant from Bon Secours. The Zoom webinar will be held on May 13, 2021, 12-1 pm. This event will feature Keynote Speaker, Roneet Lev, MD, FACEP, Former Chief Medical Officer, White House Office of […]
- Chesterfield Youth Led Mental Health Awareness CampaignApril 15, 2021Chesterfield County Prevention Services has been working with the Chesterfield Youth Citizens Board , a group of local high school juniors and seniors appointed by the Chesterfield Board of Supervisors, to develop and implement a youth focused mental health campaign. Their campaign […]
- Giles Youth-Adult Partnership to host virtual program on social media safetyApril 6, 2021Social media has completely changed the way we connect and communicate. While there are certainly advantages to this technology, there are also potential risks – particularly to young people. The Giles Youth-Adult Partnership (GYAP) is hosting a free virtual presentation and discussion on […]
- The Dissect & Connect Podcast: Speaking Up for Mental Health RecoveryApril 2, 2021Episode 42 – Speaking Up for Mental Health Recovery Our latest episode features a chat with Megan Sharkey, REACH (Recovery Education and Creative Healing) Program Director for VOCAL – a peer-run organization in Virginia that provides education and awareness, while advocating on behalf […]
- YADAPP 2021 Enrollment Now OpenApril 1, 2021Enrollment for the YADAPP 2021 Kick-Off Conference is open! The 2021 conference will be held virtually July 19 – 21, 2021. During the conference Teams of high school student leaders will develop strategic prevention plans to address a youth substance use issues specific to their community. […]