The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Virtual Parenting Check-In SessionsIn CSB PostMay 11, 2021Free Virtual Sessions Help Caregivers in Challenging Times Fredericksburg, Virginia – Parenting can be challenging in the best of times. A global pandemic adds new hurdles while isolating many parents from their usual supports. Rappahannock Area Community Services Board offers virtual […]
- Virtual Hidden in Plain Sight – 2 OpportunitiesIn CSB PostMay 11, 2021Be Well Rappahannock Council and Planning District 16 Community Partners are hosting two (2) virtual Hidden in Plain Sight events. May 12th at 10:00 a.m. To register: https://bit.ly/39XC0IAm. May 13th at 6:30 p.m. To register: https://bit.ly/3t6uPp1 This free webinar is to help parents and […]
- National Prevention WeekMay 10, 2021National Prevention Week En […]
- Greater Prince William Walk & Talk Wellness InitiativeMay 7, 2021In honor of National Mental Health Awareness Month and National Prevention Week, the Prince William County Behavioral Health Wellness Team and the Prevention Coalition of Greater Prince William have partnered with other community coalitions to support residents with wellness messages at nine of our […]
- May Mental Health Awareness MonthMay 7, 2021Mental Health: Mind Matters Exhibition An immersive touring exhibition that raises awareness about mental illness. Mental Health: Mind Matters is a touring exhibition that uses immersive experiences and multimedia activities to raise […]