BEHAVIORAL HEALTH WELLNESS
Prevention Definition — Delivered prior to the onset of a disorder, these interventions are intended to prevent or reduce the risk of developing a behavioral health problem such as substance abuse and/or mental illness, such as underage alcohol use, prescription drug misuse and abuse, and illicit drug use.
Vision: Making Behavioral health wellness a possibility for all Virginians.
Mission: Increase behavioral health wellness by promoting SA prevention and mental health wellness in the environment, communities and individuals.
• Data driven decision making.
• Collaborate with state and local prevention systems to build capacity through training, technical assistance and resources to increase population level behavioral health wellness.
• Utilize the strategic prevention framework to shape systems development, identify service delivery priorities and outcome evaluation.
• Ensure the implementation of proven prevention programs, practices, strategies, and policies.
• Integrate cultural competence throughout the prevention system.
• Monitor prevention system effectiveness and efficiency to achieve population level change through performance management.