The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- 6/17 Free Webinar on Innovative Prevention Strategies During COVID-19 with OMNI and CPGJune 4, 2020Join OMNI Institute and Collaborative Planning Group for a Webinar on Innovative Prevention Strategies During COVID-19. Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET Free Webinar participants will: • Explore strategies employed by prevention providers and coalitions since COVID-19 • Become familiar […]
- Sexual Violence Prevention Programming RFAJune 4, 2020View this email in your browser Good Afternoon, The Virginia Department of Health is soliciting applications for community level organizations which currently provide Sexual Violence Prevention Programming to implement primary prevention initiatives. All are welcome to apply! Click here to view […]
- Virtual REVIVE! trainings for JuneJune 4, 2020Please see the attached flyer with information on 2 REVIVE! trainings being offered this month by Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, Prevention Services. Register via the link on the flyer. […]
- Pride Workshops all Week!In GeneralJune 4, 2020Hi All, Alelxandria is hosting a series of online Pride workshops all week. Check them out here: alexandriava.gov/LGBTQ. […]
- Racism: A Mental Health IssueIn GeneralJune 3, 2020https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/cnn-sesame-street-standing-up-to-racism/index.html […]