The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Face Book Live: Coping With AnxietyIn CSB PostMarch 30, 2020Join us on Face Book Live: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 6:30 pm Coping with Anxiety: Your Questions Answered with Gabriella Caldwell-Miller, PhD, LPC Division Director Behavioral Health & Wellness Hanover County Community Services […]
- PTTC – Pandemic Response Resources focused on PreventionMarch 30, 2020Please notice that the PTTCs have created a page on their website to provide quick access to Pandemic Response Resources focused on Prevention. You can access this page via the PTTC website (https://pttcnetwork.org/ ) or by clicking on the following […]
- Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare web siteMarch 27, 2020Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare (CIBH) Prevention Services has updated its website to include a link to resources and information relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check it out at www.cibhprevention.com […]
- H-NNCSB Protect Your Mental Health During Coronavirus OutbreakIn CSB PostMarch 27, 2020Hampton-Newport News CSB Prevention Services website https://hnncsbprevention.org page for Protect Your Mental Health During Coronavirus Outbreak. […]
- Repost- COVID19 and BH WellnessIn GeneralMarch 27, 2020Greetings! I hope everyone is practicing self care as we navigate our new environment! I posted earlier in the week creative ways to do our work as we practice social distancing and telework mandates. I was asked to put together COVID19 Standards of Care for Prevention that DBHDS will be sending […]