The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Chesterfield County Wins NaCO Award For Safe Storage and Disposal CampaignIn CSB PostJune 13, 2019Chesterfield County Community Services Board is proud to announce that we were recognized by The National Association of Counties for our Safe Storage and Disposal Campaign. During February and March of 2018, Chesterfield County Prevention and the SAFE (Substance Abuse Free Environment) Coalition […]
- Helping Others – Builds ResilienceIn CSB PostJune 12, 2019The Roanoke Prevention Alliance is the backbone organization of the Resiliency Collective. Our media campaign to bring about resilience awareness has begun. Pictured here is our ad that is place on the back of the Roanoke City buses. We have found that this is a great way to catch the attention of […]
- Tobacco 21 FAQsIn GeneralJune 11, 2019July 1 is right around the corner which means the legal age to purchase tobacco and nicotine products increases to 21. I’m sure you’ll be asked questions, if you haven’t already. DBHDS created two FAQs for distribution. One is specifically for retailers (landscape one) and the […]
- YMHFA Instructor TrainingJune 11, 2019Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor training is being conducted at 401 W.Main Street Radford, Virginia on June 10-12, 2019 […]
- safeTALK Training for TrainersJune 6, 2019Greetings, If there is enough interest and eligible participants, we will host a safeTALK T4T on August 12-13, 2019. Location TBD. Participating in the safeTALK T4T requires completion of an ASIST class within the last 24 months. You will be required to provide your certificate along with […]