The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- OMNI February 2020 TA NewsletterIn GeneralFebruary 14, 2020Greetings CSB’s, The February 2020 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you today. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. Here is a link to the PDF in this portal, too. If you know others amongst your staff who would like to be added to the newsletter […]
- SOR Grant Annual Report 2018-19February 13, 2020OMNI is excited to share the State Opioid Response (SOR) Grant Annual Report for 2018-19! The report summarizes the strategies and evaluation work supported by SOR funds across prevention, treatment, and recovery in the last SOR fiscal year. Please review and let OMNI know if you have any […]
- SEOW Data Spotlight SeriesFebruary 13, 2020Looking for data and figuring out how to use it can be time-consuming and, at times, frustrating. The Virginia State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup (SEOW) is excited to share with you the development of Data Spotlight information sheets to help community members and organizations in the state […]
- Counter Tools’ Healthy POS Webinar Series: Flavored Tobacco Policies and Evaluation – A Massachusetts Case StudyIn WebinarFebruary 12, 2020Counter Tools’ Healthy POS Webinar Series: Flavored Tobacco Policies and Evaluation – A Massachusetts Case Study Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 | 1:00pm EST Join Counter Tools for our 10th quarterly webinar in our “Healthy POS Webinar Series” coming up on Wednesday, […]
- The Brain Architects podcast episode 1February 11, 2020A great podcast on brain architecture and resilience and an informative documentary on the effects of toxic stress on a fetus. Brains are built over time, from the bottom up, and healthy brain architecture provides the foundation for all future learning, behavior, and health. But what […]