The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- California surgeon general aims to cut adverse childhood experiences by halfIn CSB PostFebruary 26, 2020Article: California surgeon general aims to cut adverse childhood experiences by half https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/california-surgeon-general-aims-cut-adverse-childhood-experiences-half By Rebecca Wolfson, UCSFThursday, February 20, 2020 Nadine Burke Harris, M.D., California’s first […]
- Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST)February 26, 2020The SAPST training is now full; however, if you are still interested, please contact me to be added to the waiting list. We are excited to announce that a Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) will take place in Richmond, March 17 – 20, 2020. Seats are limited. If you are […]
- RASAP Summer Conference feat. Officer Jermaine GallowayIn CSB PostFebruary 25, 2020We are excited to announce that Officer Jermaine Galloway will be the key note speaker for the RASAP Summer Conference! Registration is required and will open on Monday, March 2, 2020. We expect this event to sell out fast so be sure to register early if you are interested in attending! […]
- SOR Mid-Year Prevention Report Due 3/27/2020In GeneralFebruary 24, 2020
- ABC Accepting Applications for Alcohol Education & Prevention Grants!February 24, 2020Virginia ABC’s Education and Prevention Section (EPS) is now accepting grant applications for the upcoming fiscal year! These grants are made available to assist community partners in developing and enhancing initiatives related to alcohol education and prevention. […]