The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Recommendations for Permanent Medication Drop BoxesJanuary 15, 2019Hello: We are finally moving forward with purchasing permanent drop boxes in our community. If you have purchased permanent medication lock boxes in your community will you please send me the company and contact information as soon as possible? You can give me a call at 703-792-7739 or email […]
- Nicotine and Marijuana 2.0: Vape, JUUL and So Much More – Linda Hancock FNPIn GeneralJanuary 15, 2019Prince William County CS will be hosting Nicotine and Marijuana 2.0: Vape, JUUL and So Much More – presented by Linda Hancock FNP, PhD on February 13, 2019. Registrations can be found at http://www.cvent.com/events/vfhy-regional-trainings-2019/agenda-a907255bd56040e99275b35956896583.aspx For more […]
- OMNI TA Newsletter — January 2019, Issue 1In GeneralJanuary 15, 2019Greetings CSB’s, The inaugural issue (January 2019) of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you today. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. If you know others amongst your staff who would like to be added to the newsletter email distribution list, please send the […]
- Caregiver Support Group in SouthsideJanuary 14, 2019
- Chesterfield County Launches RVA BasicsJanuary 14, 2019The Basics are five fun, simple, and powerful ways to help all our children aged 0- 3 grow to be happy and smart.