The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- CADCA Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural America WebinarOctober 20, 2020Upcoming Webinar Announcement CADCA’s Geographic Health Equity Alliance (GHEA) is partnering with the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) and the Maine Public Health Institute at the University of Southern Maine to present the webinar “Tobacco Prevention and Control in […]
- Vaping Tobacco, Marijuana and AlcoholOctober 16, 2020
- OMNI October 2020 TA NewsletterOctober 15, 2020Greetings CSB’s, The October 2020 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed this morning. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. Here is a link to the PDF in this portal, too. And, we also uploaded a PDF copy to Box.com in the OMNI TA Resources>BG Newsletters […]
- Share Your Virtual Prevention Efforts!October 15, 2020Hi folks: In case you missed it, DEA is compiling virtual prevention efforts by colleges and universities to prevent drug misuse among college students to share on www.campusdrugprevention.gov (see below). Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page. September 14, 2020 Share Your […]
- The SW VA ASAC Coalition Presents The Virginia Attorney General with an Award of Appreciation for 11 Years of Supporting Regionl Prevention Efforts!October 14, 2020https://www.facebook.com/asacpt/videos/2703868466544275/ […]