The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Free 8/11 webinar: COVID 19: Using Health Behavior Change Theory to Communicate on Social MediaAugust 7, 2020Hello, colleagues, Please share with students and professional colleagues—VCU’s MPH program is offering a free webinar on 8/11: COVID 19: Using Health Behavior Change Theory to Communicate on Social Media Registration is open in TRAIN.org (course ID 1092515) through midnight of 8/10. Details below: […]
- SPTS Introduces Navigating Back to School: Trauma Informed Learning Experience for ALL Members of School CommunityAugust 7, 2020The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide recruited national partners to assist in developing a trauma informed online learning experience, Navigating Back to School, to assist school communities with the return to school (in-person or virtual) in response to COVID. Starting school this year […]
- ACEs Interface and REVIVE Virtual trainingsAugust 6, 2020Virtual ACEs Interface and REVIVE trainings held regularly via Zoom […]
- Virginia SEOW Website Launch & New Data Spotlight!In CSB PostAugust 4, 2020We are VERY excited to announce the launch of the Virginia SEOW website, VirginiaSEOW.org. Within the site, we give an overview of SEOW partnerships and supporting organizations, our work; data sources; data spotlights; and news, blog posts, and other relevant info. We hope this will be useful as a […]
- Go Red for Red RibbonAugust 4, 2020Hi folks: The Drug Enforcement Administration is currently planning its activities for this year’s Red Ribbon Week, which is a cornerstone of DEA’s community outreach and prevention support efforts. Red Ribbon Week, observed annually from October 23-31, highlights the importance of preventing drug […]