The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- SATIRA Coaltion in SW VA Recognized by CADCA!March 21, 2019The ASAC Coalition is proud to announce that one of their county coalitions, the Tazewell County SATIRA Coalition, has been highlighted as a Coalition in Action by CADCA. See Article below: Coalition in Action-SATIRA Coaliton Faces Challenges to Prevention Substance Misuse […]
- Original ASAC Coalition Member in SW VA Knew the Opioid Epidemic Was Coming in 1996!March 20, 2019The small-town doctor taking on the billionaire family blamed for America’s opioid crisis Foreign Correspondent By North America correspondent Conor Duffy Updated Mon at 8:29pmMon 18 Mar 2019, 8:29pm Doctor Art Van Zee was there at the beginning of America’s 20-year-old opioid […]
- CADCA 2019 Reflection – Fairfax CountyMarch 19, 2019Colleagues, Attached is the PowerPoint summary from Fairfax with our CADCA 2019 Reflection. This was an valued opportunity and we took away so many lessons and that we are incorporating into our prevention work! We were and continue to be motivated by the youth sessions and youth involvement. The […]
- PROTECTING OUR KIDS FROM THE OPIOID EPIDEMICMarch 18, 2019
- OPT-R and SOR UpdatesMarch 15, 2019Greetings OPT-R and SOR Prevention Grantees! Please plan for these upcoming dates: March 15: SOR Year 1 funding sent in CSB Payment/Warrant 18 April 1: Target date for SOR funding to be added as an option for strategies entered in PBPS April 30: Deadline to spend all OPT-R Prevention funds May 15: […]