The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- 2 Million First Aiders TrainedIn MHFASeptember 19, 2019We Trained 2 Million First Aiders! Inbox x Mental Health First Aid USA <Communications@thenationalcouncil.org> Unsubscribe Wed, Sep 18, 3:57 PM (14 […]
- PBPS Block Grant InvoicesIn Important!September 18, 2019Please remember that that there are 3 seperate licenses for PBPS Block Grant, PFS, and SOR, everyone has received the funding needed to pay for these licenses if your CSB is an grantee. Please take a look at the list below, the check marks indicate those who have paid for their PBPS Block Grant […]
- ToP Facilitation Methods and Strategic Planning Method trainingsIn PFS GranteesSeptember 18, 2019Attached is a registration form and information about the Fall ToP Facilitation training workshops sponsored by the Office of Behavioral Health Wellness. We will definitely be holding a 3 Day ToP Facilitation Methods (TFM) Training on October 21-23 and will either be holding a 2 Day TFM […]
- CADCA & CCoVA Fees Are Allowable SOR Prevention ExpensesIn CSB PostSeptember 17, 2019Greetings CSB Prevention Directors and Staff, Please note that because Coalition Development is a foundational strategy for State Opioid Response (SOR) prevention work, membership fees for Community Coalitions of Virginia (CCoVA) and Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) are approved […]
- September 2019 OMNI TA NewsletterIn CSB PostSeptember 16, 2019Greetings CSB’s, The September 2019 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. We encourage you to check it out. This issue has announcements, tips about setting up your Plan Channel and avoiding rejected activities, […]