The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Original ASAC Coalition Member in SW VA Knew the Opioid Epidemic Was Coming in 1996!In CSB PostMarch 20, 2019The small-town doctor taking on the billionaire family blamed for America’s opioid crisis Foreign Correspondent By North America correspondent Conor Duffy Updated Mon at 8:29pmMon 18 Mar 2019, 8:29pm Doctor Art Van Zee was there at the beginning of America’s 20-year-old opioid […]
- CADCA 2019 Reflection – Fairfax CountyMarch 19, 2019Colleagues, Attached is the PowerPoint summary from Fairfax with our CADCA 2019 Reflection. This was an valued opportunity and we took away so many lessons and that we are incorporating into our prevention work! We were and continue to be motivated by the youth sessions and youth involvement. The […]
- PROTECTING OUR KIDS FROM THE OPIOID EPIDEMICMarch 18, 2019
- OPT-R and SOR UpdatesIn CSB PostMarch 15, 2019Greetings OPT-R and SOR Prevention Grantees! Please plan for these upcoming dates: March 15: SOR Year 1 funding sent in CSB Payment/Warrant 18 April 1: Target date for SOR funding to be added as an option for strategies entered in PBPS April 30: Deadline to spend all OPT-R Prevention funds May 15: […]
- OMNI TA Newsletter — March 2019, Issue 3In GeneralMarch 15, 2019Greetings CSB’s, The March 2019 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you today. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. If you know others amongst your staff who would like to be added to the newsletter email distribution list, please send the email address […]