The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- 2019 Block Grant Summit RecapOctober 10, 2019Greetings CSBs! The OMNI Evaluation Team very much enjoyed our recent visit to Roanoke as part of this year’s 2019 Block Grant Summit. It was great to connect with CSB staff and the DBHDS team in person, and share what we hope was some useful information. Here is a link to a recap of the […]
- Five Ways To Support Veterans Year-RoundOctober 1, 2019Simple actions can help save a life. Visit BeThereForVeterans.com to learn more. Suicide Prevention Month reminded us to Be There for Veterans, but it’s important to remember that our responsibility to Veterans doesn’t end when October begins. We all have a role to play in preventing Veteran […]
- LGBTQ+ Training 10/11/19In CSB PostSeptember 30, 2019
- LGBTQ+ Training 10/10/19In CSB PostSeptember 30, 2019
- Counter Tool WebinarSeptember 25, 2019Good Afternoon, For those who were not able to attend yesterday’s Counter Tools webinar on the Virginia Store Assessment Form, the webinar recording can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/VAwebrec-1 The recording link is also stored in the Counter Tools shared folder (bit.ly/VAPOSTresources). […]