The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Abstract Deadline Extended!November 12, 2019VFHY has extended the deadline for abstract submissions for Post-conference Substance Abuse Prevention Summit in April. Please share with anyone who might be interested in sharing their hard work! […]
- Looking for REVIVE Training for Trainers (TOT)November 8, 2019Does anyone know of any upcoming REVIVE TOT classes? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks! Kathy Reed, MA, ICSP Prevention Coordinator Crossroads CSB […]
- A Community Conversation: Eliminating Opioid MisuseIn CSB PostNovember 7, 2019Join the City of Alexandria in a community conversation about eliminating opioid misuse on November 18 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at T.C. Williams High School. All ages are invited to participate in this event. Community members are also encouraged to provide feedback about how to address […]
- Post conference update: Call for abstractsNovember 5, 2019Good morning, Due to the lack of responses for the post conference substance use summit I have reopened the abstract process. I would love your assistance in passing along the request for speakers to whomever you feel may have a relevant subject to present on. I have secured […]
- Scholarships to the Creating Trauma Sensitive Schools ConferenceIn GeneralNovember 4, 2019Good afternoon. The Office of Behavioral Health Wellness wants to invite you to consider partnering with your local schools in an opportunity to help them become more trauma informed. There is an outstanding Creating Trauma Sensitive Schools Conference coming up in Atlanta in February of 2020. Our […]