The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- ACE Interface Master Trainer Cohorts 3 and 4December 13, 2018Good afternoon. As most of you are aware, we now have 2 cohorts of ACE Interface Master Trainers in our state. These cohorts are made up of represenatives from nearly half of our 40 CSBs. If your CSB hasn’t yet had the opportunity to participate in one of these cohorts, your chance is coming […]
- Important TA on Entering Cohort Demographics in PBPSDecember 12, 2018OMNI is taking this opportunity to share some important information regarding entering Block Grant/OPT-R cohort data in PBPS. This will be especially applicable to those who may be closing cohorts soon! For all cohorts, participant demographics should be entered only in the Plan Channel. Once […]
- Rescheduled- ASIST training in SouthsideIn CSB PostDecember 12, 2018
- Youth Coalition OpportunityDecember 12, 2018I’m passing on an opportunity for any of your partners who do awareness-raising tobacco control activities with youth. We have a relationship with a youth advocacy network in New York State called Reality Check, and they attend the Altria shareholders meeting in VA annually with their youth […]
- rethink vape campaign – free resources!December 12, 2018I was at a regional tobacco control meeting last week and had the opportunity to hear a presentation from Eastern Virginia Medial School about an anti-vaping media campaign directed at teens that they developed. Below is a message from Dr. Kelli England Will, project lead, as well as available […]