The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- SOR Logic Model Webinar on May 8thApril 17, 2019The OMNI TA team will be hosting a one-hour virtual webinar training to walk through the basics of logic models and the SOR Logic Model template. This training is intended for current SOR Prevention grantees. While this training will be similar to the OMNI-led logic model trainings in 2017, we […]
- OPT-R Year End Alert and RemindersApril 16, 2019The OPT-R grant period is coming to a close soon – on Tuesday, April 30th. This means all OPT-R funding must be spent by the end of 4/30. Please note: Materials and supplies, such as medication lock boxes, drug deactivation kits or brochures, can be purchased using OPT-R funding […]
- Don’t forget to apply! 2019-2020 Grant Cycle Closes in 9 Days.April 16, 2019Hello! This is just a friendly reminder that the Virginia ABC Alcohol Education and Prevention Grant cycle closes in just 9 days. Applications are due next week on April 25 by 5 p.m. These grants are made available to assist community partners in developing and enhancing initiatives related to […]
- Important OPT-R Deadline Coming Up on April 30April 16, 2019Please be certain to spend all OPT-R funds by the end of this month (April 30, 2019)! Contact me if you have any questions. Thank you! Jennifer Jennifer Farinholt OPT-R/SOR Prevention Coordinator Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services Office of Behavioral Health Wellness Cell […]
- April OMNI TA NewsletterApril 15, 2019Greetings CSB’s, The April 2019 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you today. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. If you know others amongst your staff who would like to be added to the newsletter email distribution list, please send the email address […]