The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Prescription Drup/Opioid Misuse Town Hall Meeting 12/13/18-King WilliamNovember 13, 2018
- Community Coalitions and Curb the CrisisIn GeneralNovember 6, 2018CADCA’s Virginia Mini Academy was inspiring and challenging thanks to our instructor Dave Shavel and a great group of community coalition representatives! One issue we discussed was how to be better resources for each other. Please keep your eye open for a survey to help identify various issues […]
- REVIVE! Training of Trainers in Danville, November 19In CSB PostNovember 6, 2018Danville-Pittsylvania Community Services will host Revive! Training of Trainers on November 19, 2018 We will be opening this training up to the public so seats will fill up fast! Register using link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5RYF3NP […]
- High in Plain Sight Event – Officer Jermaine GallowayNovember 6, 2018
- ASIST training offered in SouthsideIn CSB PostNovember 6, 2018