The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Teen MHFA Pilot Site 2nd CohortIn MHFAJuly 17, 2019Thank You to All Who Applied to the teen Mental Health First Aid Expanded Pilot! You may know that in May we opened a call for applications to be among the next cohort of sites that will bring teen Mental Health First Aid (tMHFA) to students in their communities! We were overwhelmed by the number […]
- 5th annual Mental Health/Substance Abuse ConferenceJuly 16, 2019https://www.eventbrite.com/e/5th-annual-mental-healthsubstance-abuse-conference-tickets-64705629279 See the Eventbrite site for excellent conference pricing values. This conference will provide sessions on understanding addiction, how to facilitate recovery, understanding the impact of trauma on […]
- Hope…Help…Healing 2019 ConferenceIn CSB PostJuly 15, 2019https://helphopehealing2019.eventbrite.com […]
- July 2019 TA NewsletterIn GeneralJuly 15, 2019Greetings CSB’s, The July 2019 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you today. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. We encourage you to check it out. This newsletter’s feature article is on “Permanent Drop Box Data Entry” and there are […]
- Review PBPS BG Cohorts and Campaigns for Activity!In GeneralJuly 12, 2019Hello Block Grant CSBs — As you know, we are approaching the deadline of July 15th to have all FY 2018-19 Block Grant activities entered into PBPS (that is, July 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019 activity). There are a number of CSB’s that have 2018-19 Block Grant-funded Plan Channel cohorts […]