The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Article – Hundreds of Fredericksburg area residents learn to use Narcan, a ‘great asset’ in combating drug epidemicJanuary 23, 2020https://www.fredericksburg.com/news/local/hundreds-of-fredericksburg-area-residents-learn-to-use-narcan-a/article_762ad75f-efe0-5ebc-a3e7-b5ccfa6a4d10.html Hundreds of Fredericksburg area residents learn to use Narcan, a ‘great asset’ in combating drug epidemic By CATHY DYSON THE […]
- Block Grant Annual Report 2018-19In GeneralJanuary 20, 2020OMNI is pleased to share the Virginia Substance Abuse Prevention Block Grant Annual Report for 2018-19! The report summarizes the excellent work completed across the commonwealth in the last BG fiscal year. Please review and let OMNI know if you have any questions. The report can be viewed below […]
- OMNI January 2020 TA NewsletterJanuary 17, 2020Greetings CSB’s, The January 2020 issue of the OMNI TA Newsletter was emailed to you today. If you would prefer to view the newsletter online, you may click here. Here is a link to the PDF in this portal, too. If you know others amongst your staff who would like to be added to the newsletter email […]
- Resource Document for the Upcoming PFS Grant Application! Due March 6thJanuary 16, 2020As you all probably know from all the communication around this, BG, SOR, PFS grantees, and their partner coalitions can apply to the new cycle of PFS funding. DBHDS encourages communities to apply and, because of your evaluation work with OMNI over the past few years, you all have significant […]
- Update on Merchant Education MaterialsIn GeneralJanuary 16, 2020Thank you all for being on top of getting merchant education/assessment visits underway! I do not have an update on the counter mats. I’m not sure where they are in the process, so at this point, if they are not already in production, we are not going to use them. I will make sure we have […]