The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Nurturing Parenting Programs 3-Day Facilitator TrainingMay 22, 2019
- YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID 6/12/19May 21, 2019
- “The Talk” video-ATOD campaignMay 21, 2019The Talk Video-ATOD campaign When parents and children continuously talk about drugs, children are less likely to get involved with drugs. When have you had “The Talk”? Henrico CSB Prevention partnered with JR Tucker High school DECA students in developing a social norms marketing campaign around […]
- SW VA Coalition Capacity & Leadership WorkshopMay 17, 2019
- URGENT, URGENT RequestIn GeneralMay 17, 2019Greetings! I know I always ask for stories which have been amazing! Now I need some concrete, quantitative data from anything your locality does prevention! Any data you’ve provided to your stakeholders, from the coalition, etc. on the impact of your work. I am trying to provide a counter […]