The DBHDS Behavioral Health Wellness Office is responsible for promoting behavioral health wellness through a comprehensive array of strategies proven to reduce substance abuse and promote mental health. Substance abuse and mental illness share some common risk and protective factors. As a result of reducing risk factors and increasing protective factors for substance abuse, not only will substance abuse prevalence consumption and related consequences be reduced, but prevention of mental illness may be impacted as well.
- Community Collaboration to address Veteran SuicideJanuary 17, 2019In collaboration with the Richmond Mayor’s Challenge to Prevent Veteran Suicide, Region IV along with the City of Richmond, Richmond Vet Center and Virginia War Memorial is hosting a FREE screening and panel discussion of the film, “Thank You For Your Service”. This film directed by Jason Hall […]
- New data on the VASIS Dashboard!In GeneralJanuary 16, 2019Two data sources have been updated with new data on the VA Social Indicator Study Dashboard! Mental Health Services (DBHDS) Behavioral Health Services (DBHDS) Additionally, we have added National Guard data as a new data source to the dashboard. To access the dashboard, use this web link: […]
- SUICIDE: THE RIPPLE EFFECT-KING & QUEENIn CSB PostJanuary 16, 2019
- Recommendations for Permanent Medication Drop BoxesIn CSB PostJanuary 15, 2019Hello: We are finally moving forward with purchasing permanent drop boxes in our community. If you have purchased permanent medication lock boxes in your community will you please send me the company and contact information as soon as possible? You can give me a call at 703-792-7739 or email […]
- Nicotine and Marijuana 2.0: Vape, JUUL and So Much More – Linda Hancock FNPIn GeneralJanuary 15, 2019Prince William County CS will be hosting Nicotine and Marijuana 2.0: Vape, JUUL and So Much More – presented by Linda Hancock FNP, PhD on February 13, 2019. Registrations can be found at http://www.cvent.com/events/vfhy-regional-trainings-2019/agenda-a907255bd56040e99275b35956896583.aspx For more […]